Saturday, February 16, 2008

Europe is Dead

Muslim Occupation of a Roman Catholic Church

Would Christ bless this type of charity?

Surely, inviting the poor to your table for a meal, or advocating for the helpless in order to show the grace of God to others is an outward work of a Christian. But what kind of charity is this? A charity where those who profane the Triune God, who trample the deity of the Son underfoot, are welcomed into a place that is espoused to be a house of the LORD and allowed to blasphemy there with the blessing of one who calls himself a minister of GOD.

All of this is done in the name of tolerance, and it's indicative of a cultural shift at large. A Christian must tolerate a Muslim's blasphemy of Elohim, but a Muslim is not required to tolerate a Christian's worship of Christ. The Christian must silence him or herself. Likewise, an atheist can peddle his religion in the classroom, and force the public school system to endorse the atheist religious dogma of macro-evolution but if a Christian wants to say "One nation, under God..." that's not allowed. No "religion" in the classroom. Words mean nothing, and definitions are changed at a whim. Those who hold themselves to more rigid standards of reason and logic are punished and mocked.

We tolerate everything except intolerance. It's really a fitting maxim for this age; contradictory and illogical on its face.

Complete tolerance is not possible, because relativism and subjectivism are impossible. This is a world of absolutes, and absolute truth exists. Gravity is an absolute truth. You cannot escape it as long as physical laws are operating in the way they currently do. For gravity to cease to be true, other operations would have to cease to exist or function as they do now. It is inescapable.

Intolerance is unavoidable, but what does this word mean? The world would have it mean hatred for others; they want it to conjure images of violence and torture. In this way, they can escape being intolerant while painting the Christian to be the bad guy.

It is the world that is the oppressive one. Intolerance is not something necessarily bred of violence or hatred, at least not of other people. I hate sin, because my Father hates sin. I do not hate the sinner; I am not allowed to. I am not the judge, nor can I pass judgment on someone of this world, i.e. a sinner, for being a sinner. I can be intolerant of their sin though. How? Respectful disagreement, witnessing to them the forgiveness wrought from Christ's Sacrifice and Ressurection, being honest with them about the absolute beliefs that I believe. If I did otherwise, then I would show my hatred for them. What man would watch a blind man walk off a cliff? That is true hatred. I submit that intolerance is love for your nieghbor.

Back to the original question; would Christ bless this type of charity? I submit a stern no.

He said to them, "You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins."
-John 8:23-24


1 comment:

Reformed Mama said...

Hello Zenas~
What an encouragement to my heart to know that someone with a wonderful, reformed mind will soon be going out into the "law world". What a place of corruption...you will be a light for HIM!

God's Grace...