Friday, February 15, 2008

Traffic Jam

The title isn't indicative of something physical, but rather of the fact I've wanted to make this blog for a while but have been procrastinating. I've had more than a few instances that I've wanted to blog about but havn't been able to.

Being in the position I'm in, who I am in Christ, and the place God has put me right now, places me in many strange situations. They aren't as shocking to me as one might think; I went to this same university for undergrad and I converted in my sophmore year. I am used to hostility and being the uncomfortable element in a group. In undergrad though, I had many Christian friends to hang around; in my present position, I don't. I have only fellow law students to be with all day.

Let me qualify that statement though. I have very good friends who I hang out with. Humanly speaking, they're very nice, sweet people. It pains me to see them in the slough they are in. Theologically and politically, we are as night and day. Some of them I could not be more different than in either aspect. In this way, this has been an entirely new experience for me.

I say all of that to say this, most of what I post about here will arise from the interactions I have with my friends and classmates. It isn't to make light of what they think or what they believe, but to analyze the way they approach things through the lenses of a Christian worldview. Most, if not all of what they say I will think is wrong, but this is not an attack on their character and I will attempt to provide sound reasoning for the supposed flaw in what I illustrate.

I don't mean to insult the reader's intelligence if this sort of thing is assumed, but a disclaimer bears posting, if for no other reason than posterity. I have found many people seem to think an attack on an idea they hold is an attack on their personal character. This could not be further from the truth.

As Bach used to say, SDG.

No comments: